Monday, March 8, 2010

art

I don't post sketches very often. One of my professors in college liked my sketches, but hated my finished work. He kinda hated me too, but that's cool. Fun times. I figured: "Why not show some sketches?"

So here are some sketches of a Godzilla redesign I've been working on for a while now. I'm trying to make him more like an animal without making him like the giant lizard in the American Godzilla movie. I'm trying hard not to copy the look that William Stout created when he was commissioned to redesign Godzilla for a never produced American remake. That creature was a thing of beauty.

Enough yacking:





I hope those aren't too yucky. Metal makes me draw all crazy-like.

I'm going to be taking a break from creating for a while. I've been having some personal difficulties lately, and I need to do some soul searching about my future as an artist. I don't think I get what art is all about-- I don't get what it means to be an artist. I've been making things since I could hold a crayon in hand, but I'm seeing more and more every day that I just don't understand art. I don't identify with artists like everyone else does. I've never claimed to be a smart person, and I've never really made good decisions. Maybe this is the right decision for me.

This will be the last blog entry

No comments: