Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Self-doubt

I guess one of the worst things about being a creative person are these sweeping bouts of self-doubt that plague me. I didn't have a fun time in my college art program, and I have long questioned my place in the art world.

Sometimes I think I'll never lose those feelings.

In a way that's bad, but I think almost anything bad can be used for good. If we don't doubt ourselves sometimes we can wind up being pompous jerks who assume we're always right. Some artists don't doubt themselves. Some artists are unbearable, egotistical jerks. I'd rather be a self-doubting loser who makes neat things some times than a self-important artiste. I'd rather keep on learning new things than assume that I know everything.

The kind words of people who appreciate me as an artist and care for me as a person have convinced me to keep on creating and posting my creations for the public. I can't thank you guys enough. You guys rule.

Sheesh... that was the shortest hiatus I have ever seen. Artists are so weird.



Enough yacking about myself... look at this:



This is a drawing I did of Callgrim, a character created by Jesse Moore of RawShark Studios (I heard somewhere that the idea actually originated from his son's imaginative mind, but I'm not 100% sure). Callgrim is a bad-to-the-bolt dude for hire in the tradition of The Man With No Name and Boba Fett. He's part of the Glyos System action figure line. You should go check out the new animated feature up on Jesse's site-- you will NOT be disappointed! While you're there, be sure to check out the store for extra awesome action figures of Jesse's characters!

No comments: