Sunday, April 24, 2011

It's Raining (little plastic) Men

I was doing my usual eBay searching thing earlier this week and saw this unusual lot of figures:



Some of them I immediately recognized as M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, but then I saw something that made me cut backflips: M.U.S.C.L.E. sized Masters of the Universe figures! WWWWHHHHHAAAAAA?????? I was unsure about some of the others... and the pic in the auction wasn't that great.

So they arrived today, and wow... what a crazy group!



Here are the official M.U.S.C.L.E. guys... they're pretty dirty, but nothing a good cleaning won't fix:



Now these are something I've never seen before... I believe they are bootleg M.U.S.C.L.E. figures! They are made of a really soft, rubbery plastic (maybe rubber) and have none of the markings that most M.U.S.C.L.E. figures have, just a small stamp that says "CHINA" on their backs.



This guy is a bit different... I don't think he's a M.U.S.C.L.E. figure, but he's made of similar material and has the words "HONG KONG" stamped on the back of his forearm. He's my favorite of the whole bunch... looks like a orc wearing Samus' armor from Metroid!



This is one of those weird Star Wars rip-off toys from the late 70's/early 80's that used to be in grocery stores at the checkout aisle to make kids to beg their parents to get them. I had a buttload of these when I was a kid. It's like a combination of R2D2 and the robots from Silent Running.



And here's the real reason I bought this lot:



How crazy is this? I never even knew these toys existed.





They captured almost every detail in miniature-- even the fasteners on the harnesses!



They're molded in the same rubbery material as the bootleg M.U.S.C.L.E. guys, so getting them to stand is almost impossible. I learned from a friend on the October Toys Forum that these were quarter capsule toys back in the day. I'd buy that for a quarter!!!

All in all a really cool set of figures!

The best part? The whole set was only $1.99! YIPPEE!!!!

No comments: